- 3 medium, overripe bananas (approximately 1 cup or so)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter or almond butter (can sub for any nut/seed or soy nut butter)
- 2 T - 1/4 cup cocoa powder (more = richer taste)
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder (see above content for tested recommendations)*
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees, grease a small cake pan or loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or stove top, melt your nut butter.
- In a blender, food processor, or using your hands, combine the bananas, cocoa powder, protein powder and nut butter until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.
- * I do NOT recommend whey protein powder- It lends itself to a gummy texture.
- You don't need to blend or process all ingredients, but they lend a smoother texture- Although I do like my banana chunks in them
- These brownies are not super sweet, as the protein powders used all had sweetener in them. Adjust accordingly if you'd like a very sweet brownie.
- Brownies are best kept and enjoyed refrigerated- They are also freezer friendly
By Arman @thebigmansworld